The DCYF Youth Advisory Board provides feedback and recommendations to DCYF on activities, initiatives and projects based on the department’s planning and funding cycle. Youth Advisors learn about the programs and strategies funded by DCYF, and gain valuable leadership, public speaking, and advocacy skills.
- Must be between the ages of 15-21 years old (at the start of your commitment)
- Completed at least one year in high school
- Current (or recent) San Francisco resident
- Have one year personal experience as a participant, intern, or staff member in youth programming
- Must currently be a youth worker, advocate, or community organizer OR have recent personal experience with foster care system, juvenile justice system, alternative education, parenthood, young people with disabilities, young people involved in the underground street economy or immigrant young people
- Ability to commit to a 1 to 3 year term (renewed annually)
- Ability to commit up to ten hours (per month) of board related activities
Click Here to Access the Application.
Applications are due by Monday, July 31 at 5pm.
If you have any questions about the Youth Advisory Board, please send an email to YouthEngagement@dcyf.org